Emmy nominations are going to be announced tomorrow morning by Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) and Joshua Jackson (Fringe). Now while most everybody is busy compiling their predictions for who they think will get nominated or creating their dream ballot, I would much rather just list the names of people and TV shows I hope get called out tomorrow morning. Keeping it nice and simple. But then again, mind you, half the shows that do actually get nominated every year, are shows that I don’t even watch (or haven’t gotten around to watching) so it’s easier for me to rant now about who I want to see nominated than rant tomorrow about all the snubs. So if any or all of these names get recognized this year, consider me a very happy camper. If none of these names appear on the official nomination list, let’s just say I won’t be the most pleasant person to be around tomorrow. And you’ll probably still see me rant about these snubs.
- Cat Deeley for Best Reality Show Host – When will they realize her total awesomeness???!!
- SYTYCD for Best Reality Show Competition – Because really, American Idol? Or heck, DWTS? All SYTYCD ever gets nominated for, and wins, is choreography.
- Speaking of choreography, the one routine that HAS to be nominated from SYTYCD last season? Tabitha and Napoleon’s hip-hop routine to “Outta Your Mind”, danced by Alex Wong and Twitch. It would be so wrong if it didn’t get nominated.
- Fringe for Best Drama, Anna Torv for Best Actress in a Drama, John Noble for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama – It was the most insane/incredible/awesome season of any show. It would be absolutely criminal if the show did not get any recognition for the amazing work they did.
- Courtney Cox for Best Actress in a Comedy, Busy Phillips for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy – It’s way overdue for Cox to be nominated for her talents (how was she the ONLY cast member to not be nominated during Friends‘ 10 year run?) and Phillips just simply rocks as Laurie on Cougar Town.
- Community for Best Comedy, Joel McHale for Best Actor in a Comedy, Danny Pudi for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy – Just one of the most creative shows on TV right now. Who does an episode in claymation? Fully recognized bottle episodes? Clip show featuring fake/new clips? Not to mention all those theme episodes? Only Community does.
So there, my Emmy nomination wish list – not asking for much. Cat Deeley and Fringe are my main hopes because it completely baffles me how they get overlooked year after year. Here’s hoping the Emmys took some pointers from the Critics Choice Television Awards.